On 29 June 2018, the Higher School of Economics (HSE), the International Center for Sports Studies (CIES), and the FIFA Master Alumni Association (FMA), with the support of the Football Union of Russia (FUR), will organise an international conference called “Sport and Future” in Moscow.
The event will gather representatives from international sporting organisations, leading experts on sports and the heads of international and national football federations, leagues and clubs in order to discuss current trends in developing the worldwide sports industry, sports governance, technology and innovation.
Official Welcome Words from FIFA, Minister of Sport, Russian Football Union, HSE, CIES and FMA
10.15 – 11.30 Panel 1: The new sports digital world
- Fabio Coelho (VP at Google Inc., President at Google Brazil)
- Claude Ruibal (Executive Director, Digital at Infront Sports & Media)
- Luis Vicente (Leader, Digital Transformation & Innovation Project at FIFA)
- Mikhail Demin (CEO at NTV Plus)
Moderator: Pedro Trengrouse, Professor at FGV and FIFA Master Alumni
11.30 – 12.00 Coffee break
12.00 – 13.15 Panel 2: The new generation of sport managers
- Javier Zanetti (Vice President at FC Internazionale Milano)
- Leonardo Araújo (football manager, former player and FIFA World Cup winner)
- Liliya Borisova (General Manager at the Bulgarian Basketball League)
- Thabo Stiles Ntshinogang (CEO at Botswana Premier League).
Moderator: Irina Baranova, Media Relations at FIFA, Coordinator CIES, and FIFA Master Alumni
13.15 – 14.15 Lunch Break
14.15 – 15.30 Panel 3: Improving sports governance
- Andrey Vlasov (Deputy Technical Director at Football Union of Russia)
- Angelo Rigopoulos (Head of National Associations Governance at UEFA
- Nodar Akhalkatsi (Director of Executive Office General Secretary at FIFA)
- Pierre Cornu (CIES President and judge at the Court of Appeals in Neuchâtel, Switzerland).
Moderator: James Kitching, MD at Kitching Sports and former Head of Sports Legal Services, Disciplinary and Governance at AFC, and FIFA Master Alumni
15.30 – 16.00 Coffee break
16.00 – 17.15 Panel 4: The real impact of E-Sports
- Ralf Reichert (CEO at ESL)
- Christian Volk (Head of Digital Marketing at FIFA)
- Dmitry Smit (President at Russian E-Sports Federation)
- Dmitriy Kuznetsov (Director of the Higher School of Law; Head of HSE/CIES/FIFA “Executive programme in sports managment”; Member of Sate Duma Expert Council)
Moderator: Zeynep Gencaga, E-Sports consultant and host of TV show “Misclick” and FIFA Master Alumni
17.15 – 17.45 Presentation: The Road to 2022
Presentation by the Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy, Qatar 2022
17.45 – 18.00 Closing
HSE, CIES and FMA
*Programme subject to change
Fri. 01 June 2018
Less than two weeks remain until the start of the 2018 FIFA World Cup™, which is being held in Russia for the first time in history. During the tournament, the international conference Sport and the Future will take place in Moscow, starting on 29 June. The event will gather over 300 representatives from international sporting organisations, leading experts on worldwide sports and the heads of international and national football associations, leagues and clubs.
In the build-up to the event, a memorandum on the joint organisation of the conference was signed on Friday 1 June by the International Centre for Sports Studies (CIES), FIFA Master Alumni Association (FMA), the National Research University Higher School of Economics (HSE) and the Football Union of Russia (FUR).
Continue reading this press release.
Information about media accreditation is available upon request via email email@example.com.
Please note that for logistical and space reasons, only limited number of media representatives will be able to attend the conference. We will cover the event through our digital platforms. For more details, please contact us by firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +7 495 772 95 67.
For any enquiries, please contact us by email.
The HSE CIES FIFA Master Alumni Conference: Sport & Future is co-organised by International Center for Sports Studies (CIES), the FIFA Master Alumni Association and the Higher School of Economics (HSE), with the support of the Football Union of Russia.